Definition of Greater new york
1. Noun. The largest city in New York State and in the United States; located in southeastern New York at the mouth of the Hudson river; a major financial and cultural center.
Terms within: Bronx-whitestone Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Columbia, Columbia University, Cooper Union, Cooper Union For The Advancement Of Science And Art, Empire State Building, George Washington Bridge, Queensboro Bridge, Verrazano-narrows Bridge, Twin Towers, World Trade Center, Wtc, Ground Zero, Manhattan Island, New Amsterdam, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Greenwich Village, Village, Queens, Staten Island, East River, Harlem River, Verrazano Narrows, New York Bay
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Point Of Entry, Port Of Entry
Group relationships: Empire State, New York, New York State, Ny
Greater New York Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Greater New York Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Greater New York
Literary usage of Greater new york
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate (1921)
"512) entitled "An act to amend the greater new york charter, in relation to the deposit of security by a person offering to purchase or lease real property ..."
2. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1902)
"The Raines excise law and the greater New York bill. no. 8. ... Preliminary draft of the proposed charter for the greater new york. no. ..."
3. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1902)
"The purple rim, and other stories. no. ю- Preliminary drait of the proposed charter for the greater new york. no. 9. The presidential candidates and ..."
4. Journal by New York (State). Legislature. Senate (1907)
"177) entitled "An act to amend the greater new york charter by enacting a new section, to be known as section 823-e, relative to the acquirement of certain ..."
5. Municipal Franchises: A Description of the Terms and Conditions Upon which by Delos Franklin Wilcox (1911)
"STREET RAILWAY FRANCHISES IN greater new york. 312. The earliest street railway franchise in the United States.—New York and Harlem Railroad, ..."
6. The Government of Municipalities by Dorman Bridgman Eaton, ( (1899)
"—THE CHARTER OF THE greater new york AS AN ADMONITION IN CITY EXTENSION AND A LESSON IN CITY-PARTY GOVERNMENT Grounds of public interest in the charter and ..."