Definition of Green apple aphid
1. Noun. Bright green aphid; feeds on and causes curling of apple leaves.
Generic synonyms: Aphid
Group relationships: Aphis, Genus Aphis
Green Apple Aphid Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Green Apple Aphid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Green Apple Aphid
Literary usage of Green apple aphid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by Maine Agricultural Experiment Station (1920)
"BULLETIN 313 THE SUMMER FOOD PLANTS OF THE green apple aphid.1 (Aphis pomi) BY ... Because the career of the green apple aphid is enough to astonish even ..."
2. Management Guide for Low-Input Sustainable Apple Production by Lorraine P. Berkett (1994)
"... scale females and crawlers Figure 42: San Jose scale on fruit Rosy Apple Aphid (RAA) - Dysaphis plantaginea (Passerini) green apple aphid or Apple Aphid ..."
3. Documents of the Assembly of the State of New York by New York (State). Legislature. Assembly (1911)
"This European species has, until recently, in this country been considered identical with the green apple aphid, a species which has been known to occur in ..."
4. The Budget Report of the State Board of Finance and Control to the General by Governor, Connecticut Board of Finance and Control, Connecticut, Board of Finance and Control (1915)
"Late in July it was noticed that the apple trees in the young orchard at the Station farm at Mt. Carmel were badly infested with the green apple aphid, ..."