Definition of Green groceries
1. Noun. Fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market.
Generic synonyms: Food, Solid Food
Specialized synonyms: Edible Fruit, Veg, Vegetable, Veggie, Eater
Derivative terms: Produce
Green Groceries Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Green Groceries Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Green Groceries
Literary usage of Green groceries
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Population: A Study in Malthusianism by Warren Simpson Thompson (1915)
"Each generation of city-dwellers get a little farther from the soil, and we find people buying green groceries to-day who would have raised them a few years ..."
2. Gauge Evidence: The History and Prospects of the Railway System, Illustrated by Samuel Sidney (1846)
"At this very time we are sending trains from Manchester, containing green-groceries, to the extent of 150 tons a day, going from Manchester along the valley ..."
3. The Elements of Marketing by Paul Terry Cherington (1920)
"In the case of meats, green groceries, and articles of that kind she might by personal purchase secure sufficient advantage to justify the sacrifices ..."
4. The children's year by Mary Howitt, John Absolon, Anna Mary Howitt, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, Spottiswoode and Shaw (1847)
"... and the horses, and the omnibuses, and it made Meggy very happy to see a little old man who sold green-groceries and little flower-roots. ..."