Definition of Green lizard
1. Noun. A common Eurasian lizard about a foot long.
Generic synonyms: Lacertid, Lacertid Lizard
Group relationships: Genus Lacerta, Lacerta
Green Lizard Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Green Lizard Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Green Lizard
Literary usage of Green lizard
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1881)
"A PARTIAL BIOGRAPHY OF THE green lizard. BY SARAH P. MONKS. THE green lizard (Anolis principalis) of the Southern United States is sometimes called the ..."
2. Penny Cyclopaedia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge by Charles Knight (1843)
"Mr. Bell states that L. agilis is more timid, and far less easily rendered familiar, than the beautiful green lizard (L. vine/is) of Guernsey and the south ..."
3. The Natural History of Selborne by Gilbert White, George Christopher Davies (1890)
"It is a satisfaction to me to find that a green lizard has actually been procured for you in Devonshire ; because it corroborates my ..."
4. Report of the Annual Meeting (1887)
"On the Vestigial Structures of the Reproductive Apparatus in the Mala of the green lizard.* By Professor HOWES, FLS The author describes in detail a ..."
5. The Standard Library of Natural History: Embracing Living Animals of the by Charles John Cornish (1908)
"The green lizard is one of the most beautiful of its tribe, and, ... The largest representatives of the green lizard are those inhabiting Eastern Europe and ..."
6. The Illustrated Magazine of Art (1854)
"It is a green lizard, or, in the language of naturalists, ... It ig generally half as large again as the green lizard, which it closely resembles in other ..."
7. The Animal Kingdom Arranged in Conformity with Its Organization by Georges Cuvier, Edward Griffith, Charles Hamilton Smith, Edward Pidgeon, John Edward Gray, George Robert Gray (1831)
"It is perfectly erroneous to regard the bite of the green lizard as ... The spotted green lizard (Lacerta viridis, Daudin) is also to be found in all the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Green lizard