Definition of Group discussion
1. Noun. A discussion among participants who have an agreed (serious) topic.
Generic synonyms: Discussion, Give-and-take, Word
Specialized synonyms: Bull Session, Colloquy, Consultation, Audience, Consultation, Interview, Huddle, Powwow, News Conference, Press Conference, Pretrial, Pretrial Conference, Round Table, Round-table Conference, Roundtable, Session, Teach-in, Teleconference, Teleconferencing
Derivative terms: Confer
Group Discussion Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Group Discussion Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Group Discussion
Literary usage of Group discussion
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Literature Circles: Voice and Choice in Book Clubs and Reading Groups by Harvey Daniels (2002)
"Once again, I conclude with a short large-group discussion, usually no more than ... The message being sent is that this large- group discussion isn't very ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Other investigators have also begun to wonder if the risky-shift phenomenon might be a clue to more general group discussion effects. ..."
3. Utilisation and Reliability of High Power Proton Accelerators: Workshop by NEA Nuclear Science Committee (2005)
"... group discussion SESSIONS Chairs: R. Sheffield, BH. Choi The summaries contained in this section reflect the views of the respective Chairperson(s) and ..."
4. Teaching for Deep Comprehension: A Reading Workshop Approach by Linda J. Dorn, Carla Soffos (2005)
"She also videotaped the follow-up session, where the teachers assessed their level of participation in the group discussion; and she collected copies of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Group discussion