Definition of Guitar player
1. Noun. A musician who plays the guitar.
Generic synonyms: Instrumentalist, Musician, Player
Specialized synonyms: Hendrix, James Marshall Hendrix, Jimi Hendrix, B. B. King, King, Riley B King, Huddie Leadbetter, Leadbelly, Ledbetter, Andres Segovia, Segovia
Derivative terms: Guitar
Guitar Player Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Guitar Player Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Guitar Player
Literary usage of Guitar player
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Painters and Their Works: A Dictionary of Great Artists who are Not Now by Ralph N. James (1897)
"180 0 0 The Guitar-player, signed and dated 1705, Wheeler's sale 1871 . ... 787 10 0 The Guitar-player, 11 in. by 9in., or panel, Levy's sale 1876 . ..."
2. Three Plays of the Argentine: Juan Moreira, Santos Vega, The Witches' Mountain by Silverio Manco, Luis Bayón Herrera, Julio Sánchez Gardel (1920)
"Let's see, my friend, if you can sing the good song. guitar player. ... guitar player. All right—as long as you put it that way, I'll give you the pleasure ..."
3. Adams' New Musical Dictionary of Fifteen Thousand Technical Words, Phrases by John Stowell Adams (1865)
"(Fre.) A French instrument having six strings, and formed somewhat like an ancient lyre. Guitarrero. (Spa.) A guitar player ; a guitar maker. Guitarrista. ..."
4. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, John Taylor Coleridge, John Gibson Lockhart, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, William Smith, John Murray, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, George Walter Prothero (1817)
"The guitar player commenced with one of the favourite airs of the country, and the chorus followed him, dancing at the same time. The number of voices being ..."