Definition of Habenaria bifolia
1. Noun. South European orchid having fragrant greenish-white flowers; sometimes placed in genus Habenaria.
Generic synonyms: Orchid, Orchidaceous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Platanthera, Platanthera
Habenaria Bifolia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Habenaria Bifolia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Habenaria Bifolia
Literary usage of Habenaria bifolia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supplement to the English Botany of the Late Sir J. E. Smith and Mr. Sowerby by William Jackson Hooker, William Borrer, James Sowerby (1843)
"Anther oblong, truncate, with its cells parallel. *Sy«.habenaria bifolia.Bab. in Linn.Trans, v. 17.463. Platanthera bifolia. " Richard" Koch. Syn. Fl. Germ. ..."
2. Text-book of General Botany by Wilhelm Julius Behrens (1885)
"The Butter fly Orchis (habenaria bifolia). As regards fertilisation, the butterfly orchis comes next in order. The perianth (I., Fig. ..."
3. Companion to the Botanical Magazine by Sir William Jackson Hooker (1835)
"habenaria bifolia. Вт. and Br. Fl. ed. 3. p. 376.—This is the Orchis bifolia of Linn , O. bifolia, var. 0. ..."
4. The Natural History of Plants: Their Forms, Growth, Reproduction, and by Anton Kerner von Marilaun (1902)
"Yet another arrangement is found in habenaria bifolia, the Lesser Butterfly Orchis, which is widely distributed in Europe and Asia. ..."
5. Topographical Botany: Being Local and Personal Records Towards Shewing the by Hewett Cottrell Watson (1874)
"... 1055 habenaria bifolia. Counties all, except 41 46 53 80 86 101 102 107 110 111 112, with eight of the usual nine; Merioneth being on record. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Habenaria bifolia