Definition of Hairline fracture
1. Noun. A fracture without separation of the fragments and the line of the break being very thin.
Medical Definition of Hairline fracture
1. A fracture without separation of the fragments, the line of break being hairlike, as seen sometimes in the skull. Synonym: capillary fracture. (05 Mar 2000)
Hairline Fracture Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hairline Fracture Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hairline Fracture
Literary usage of Hairline fracture
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 2 by Kristen Kunkel (2003)
"The cells will cover both ends of the fracture and close up the break. Soon the bone is as good as new! hairline fracture complete fracture greenstick ..."
2. Phantasmagoria by Montgomery Hughes, David Atkinson (2006)
"But on closer inspection it had a hairline fracture across its face. ... As the watch landed, the hairline fracture became suddenly too much for it to bear, ..."
3. Recordkeeping Guidelines for Occupational Injuries and Illnesses by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"What about a hairline fracture that is given no treatment and does not interfere with the employee's work activities? A. Injuries resulting in fractures ..."
4. Larue's Maneuvers by James Isaiah Gabbe (2007)
"It dawned on me that, at last, something good might be happening and all it'd taken was a concussion, hairline fracture or maybe a gaping crack. ..."