Definition of Halesia carolina
1. Noun. Medium-sized tree of West Virginia to Florida and Texas.
Generic synonyms: Silver Bell
Halesia Carolina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Halesia Carolina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Halesia Carolina
Literary usage of Halesia carolina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and ...by Liberty Hyde Bailey by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"Propagation is by seeds which are usually profusely produced in cultivation, sown soon after ripening, and by layers sometimes grafted on halesia carolina; ..."
2. Manual of the Trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent (1922)
"3. H. parviflora (C). Fruit 2-winged; flowers often racemose; corolla divided nearly to the base. I. halesia carolina L. ..."
3. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"STYRACACEAE • halesia carolina L. Silverbell-tree Deciduous tree Cultivated and rarely spreading to disturbed woods. Halesia tetraptera Ellis C ..."
4. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1910)
"... the following species were noticed : TREES SHRUBS Fagus grandifolia Rhododendron maximum halesia carolina Alnus rugosa Quercus imbricaria Leucothoe ..."