Definition of Half-slip
1. Noun. Undergarment worn under a skirt.
Specialized synonyms: Crinoline
Generic synonyms: Undergarment, Unmentionable
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Half-slip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Half-slip
Literary usage of Half-slip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Elements of Mechanism by Thomas Minchin Goodeve (1897)
"... the ratchet teeth on the lower half slip over those in the upper half, and all that happens is that RC vibrates up and down by the depth of a tooth. ..."
2. Behind the Scenes with the Mediums by David Phelps Abbott (1916)
"When she laid down this half slip and took up another, she gave me my test. I thus verified what I already knew in regard to the manner in which she read ..."
3. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1851)
"... that tonnage will, to the extent of moro than a half, slip from our grasp—as they have the materials of shipbuilding at their door, which we have not. ..."
4. Electrical Engineering: An Elementary Text-book by Emanuel Rosenberg (1903)
"... the next wider ones are connected with the positive and negative main respectively. Armature brush II. is connected with the large outermost half slip ..."
5. Electrical Engineering: An Elementary Text-book by E. Rosenberg, Edward Brackett Raymond (1906)
"162, the innermost half slip-ring and the starting contact 9 are connected with the positive slip-ring. Thus the current will branch ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Half-slip