2. Noun. (US slang) A ham; an eager or inferior performer ¹
3. Noun. (music dance) A certain type of dance that involves making noise with the body, especially by slapping parts of the body with one's hands ¹
4. Noun. (bowling informal) Four consecutive strikes. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hambone
1. to overact [v -BONED, -BONING, -BONES] - See also: overact
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hambone Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hambone
Literary usage of Hambone
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biennial Report of the Board of Curators of the Louisiana State Museum to by Louisiana State Museum Board of Curators (1914)
"Numa de Lesseps; 3 old models of typewriters; penknife for sharpening quill pens; old iron latch; hambone holder; model of ship's pump; porcelain window ..."
2. A Student's Philosophy of Religion by William Kelley Wright (1922)
"Thereafter he always took along a hambone of a dog when he went hunting, 12. Such associations of ideas and casual inference, obviously fallacious as they ..."
3. The Speaker (1910)
"And we thanks You, Lawd, fer roas'n' yeahs an' fer de Fer de cawn-cake in de ashes an' de hambone in de ham ..."
4. Nights in London by Thomas Burke (1918)
"But come round, and gnaw the old hambone—what? I think we got some claret and I know George's got a drop of Three-Star. Young Beryl's }ff to-morrow on the ..."