Definition of Hard liquor
1. Noun. An alcoholic beverage that is distilled rather than fermented.
Generic synonyms: Alcohol, Alcoholic Beverage, Alcoholic Drink, Inebriant, Intoxicant
Specialized synonyms: Aqua Vitae, Ardent Spirits, Akvavit, Aquavit, Arak, Arrack, Bitters, Brandy, Gin, Ouzo, Rum, Schnapps, Schnaps, Mescal, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, Whisky, Firewater, Lacing
Derivative terms: Booze, Boozy, Spiritous, Spirituous
Definition of Hard liquor
1. Noun. A distilled beverage with a high alcohol content. Examples include brandy, whiskey and vodka. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Hard Liquor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hard Liquor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hard Liquor
Literary usage of Hard liquor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Assessing Alcohol Problems: A Guide for Clinicians and Researchers by John P. Allen, Megan Columbus (1997)
"About how many ounces of hard liquor are there in your average drink? ... Did you buy this hard liquor? A. I bought it myself B. My spouse bought it C. ..."
2. Technologies for Understanding and Preventing Substance Abuse and Addiction by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"For both sexes, delinquency and youthful sexual activity tended to precede the use of marijuana and hard liquor. While a high correlation among problem ..."
3. An American Glossary by Richard Hopwood Thornton (1912)
"Hard older, hard liquor -COM/I/. 1842 Gentlemen are continually accounting ... 1879 [He was] before the court for selling hard liquor, when he had only a ..."
4. Illicit Drug Use, Smoking and Drinking by America's High School Students by Lloyd D. Johnston, Patrick M. O'Malley, Jerald G. Bachman (1993)
"On one of the five questionnaire forms used in the study, respondents are asked separately about their use of beer, wine, and hard liquor. ..."
5. Spectrum Management Policy: Hearing Before the Committee on Commerce, U.S edited by W. J. Tauzin, E. J. Tauzin (1998)
"They also see that the search for profits is blinding the hard liquor industry and some broadcasters and cable operators to the hazards to our kids posed by ..."
6. Alcohol Use Among U. S. Ethnic Minorities edited by Danielle Spiegler (1993)
"... and hard liquor. Response choices for beverage- specific questions about the typical frequency of aleo-— hol use included: every day, 3-4 days a week, ..."
7. Investigation of Vernon Wayne Howell Also Known As David Koresh (The Waco by Philip B. Heymann (1993)
"The hard liquor industry got rid of its code, and so now, since 1996, a year ago now, ... The Wall Street Journal has carried reports of how the hard liquor ..."
8. Norway by Gerhard Lemmer, Elke Frey, Helga Rahe (2001)
"On Sundays, serving hard liquor is prohibited altogether. ... People over 20 can bring in one liter of hard liquor, one liter of wine and two liters of beer ..."