Definition of Hardcourt
1. Noun. A tennis court having a hard surface, frequently concrete ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hardcourt
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hardcourt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hardcourt
Literary usage of Hardcourt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North, William M. Schuyler (1918)
"11.—The British, east of Arras, cap- tin e Mouchy and four neighboring villages. The British advance on a nine-mile front between hardcourt and Metz-cn- ..."
2. Chronicles of the Crusades: Being Contemporary Narratives of the Crusade of by Richard, Jean Joinville, Aḥmad ibn ʻAlī Maqrīzī (1848)
"There was amongst them one Roger de hardcourt, who, having found a mare and mounted her, rode down the crowd that opposed him; and also William du Bois, ..."
3. Journal of the New England Water Works Association by New England Water Works Association (1919)
"... avowed intention of advancing till he could catch up with the infantry and supply them with water. He was caught in a traffic jam between hardcourt and ..."
4. Calendars of Wills and Administrations Relating to the County of Leicester by Leicester, Eng. (Archdeaconry), Lewes, Eng. (Archdeaconry)., Henry Hartopp, British Record Society, Rothley, Eng. (Manor). "Peculiar" Court, Groby, Eng. (Manor). "Peculiar" court, Evington, England "Peculiar" Court, "Peculiar" Court (1902)
"... hardcourt, Anthony; Cadeby Heb, William ; Quorndon Hitchcock, Thomas ; Shenton Jakes, John ; Sileby Jarrell, William ; Melton Mowbray Johnson, ..."
5. Cavalry Studies from Two Great Wars, Comprising The French Cavalry in 1870 by Jean Jacques Théophile Bonie, George Breckenridge Davis (1896)
"... from Chene Populeux to Stenay: one, inclining to the south, passes by hardcourt, Bar, Buzancy, ..."
6. The Australian Jurist Reports: Supreme Court of the Colony of Victoriaby Victoria Supreme Court by Victoria Supreme Court (1871)
"... hardcourt and Bailey, Re Trust Estate of 76 Hardy v. Anderson 136, 159 Hargreaves, Ex parte 23 Harley, Andrews v. 122 Harris, Miller v 83, 107 Harrison ..."
7. Appleton's New Practical Cyclopedia: A New Work of Reference Based Upon the by George J Hagar (1910)
"... for the extension of the port, the work to include the development of the harbor of Harburg. Pop. (1905) 55.676. hardcourt, Sir William George ..."