Definition of Hastate leaf
1. Noun. A leaf shaped like a spearhead with flaring pointed lobes at the base.
Hastate Leaf Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hastate Leaf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hastate Leaf
hasta la vista
hastate leaf (current term)
haste makes waste
Literary usage of Hastate leaf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Glossary of Botanic Terms, with Their Derivation and Accent by Benjamin Daydon Jackson (1905)
"... a hastate leaf, with the principal lobe lanceolate; ~ sagittate, a sagittate leaf, the middle lobe lanceolate; lance o'vate (Crozier), lanceolate ovate, ..."
2. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1897)
"Grade. VIII. VII. VI. and V. IV. III., II. and I. Leaf Studied. Cordate. Hastate. Leaf and Flower. Trilobate Lobed Leaf. as in leaf & flower. Morning Glory. ..."
3. The London Encyclopaedia, Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art by Thomas Tegg (1829)
"It is nearly the hastate leaf, only the lobes are smaller and round. In respect of circumference. 23. ..."
4. Hand-book of Indian Flora: Being a Guide to All the Flowering Plants by Herber Drury (1864)
"Lanceolate Narrowly elliptical, tapering to each end. Lanceolate-hastate . A hastate leaf whose principal lobe is lanceolate. ..."