Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hayle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hayle
hayle (current term)
Literary usage of Hayle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Songs, Carols, and Other Miscellaneous Poems by Richard Hill, Balliol College (University of Oxford). Library (1908)
"hayle be thou blessed, fat bare a child ! hayle ! thou ... 20 hayle, that all the fendi's drede, & shall do at the day of dome ! ..."
2. Transactions of the Royal Geological Society of Cornwall by Royal Geological Society of Cornwall (1828)
"On the singular state of some Ancient Coins lately found in the Sands of hayle; and, On the evidence deducible from them relative to the period of the ..."
3. Relations of Lyric and Drama in Mediaeval England by George Coffin Taylor (1907)
"166 hayle be thou godly ... stere on the see, hayle be thow, ... hayle blessed lady &. hayle swete may, hayle be thou moder of dere ..."
4. North Devon Including West Somerset and North Cornwall from Exmoor to the by Charles Slegg Ward (1897)
"By road to hayle Station, 3J m., is equally plain sailing, but \ve start by the ... hayle is the chief port in this district, and is also busy with works of ..."
5. A Treatise on Wills by Thomas Jarman (1844)
"... sidered as representing the legatees, are executors under two conflicting in regard to the litigation respecting testamentary instruments. hayle v. ..."
6. The Jonson Allusion-Book: A Collection of Allusions to Ben Jonson from 1597-1700 by Jesse Franklin Bradley, Joseph Quincy Adams (1922)
"Before the play was done, it fell such a storm of hayle, that we in the middle of the pit were fain to rise; and all the house in a disorder, and so my wife ..."
7. The Revised Reports: Being a Republication of Such Cases in the English by Frederick Pollock, Robert Campbell, Oliver Augustus Saunders, Arthur Beresford Cane, Joseph Gerald Pease, William Bowstead, Great Britain Courts (1907)
"... or whether the purchase from hayle was the A.-G. result of the appointment then made; nor have there been found DALTON. any intimation of what was done ..."
8. Bibliotheca Cornubiensis: A Catalogue of the Writings, Both Manuscript and by George Clement Boase, William Prideaux Courtney (1878)
"J. hayle 1798. Fireman under the Cornish Copper Co. ; Leader of the Church choir, d. ... Printed at the " hayle Weekly News" Office by JO Harris. ..."