Definition of Headquarters staff
1. Noun. Military staff stationed at headquarters.
Group relationships: Headquarters
Generic synonyms: Staff
Headquarters Staff Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Headquarters Staff Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Headquarters Staff
Literary usage of Headquarters staff
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. John Ayscough's Letters to His Mother During 1914, 1915, and 1916 by John Ayscough (1919)
"husband has gone to France on the headquarters staff of the zd Army. ... General Drummond has gone out with the 2d Army on the headquarters staff" of it. ..."
2. Aviation in Canada, 1917-1918: Being a Brief Account of the Work of the by Alan Sullivan (1919)
"The duties undertaken by the headquarters staff of the Corps were, in many respects, much more onerous than those which fall to the lot of a similar ..."
3. With the Royal Headquarters in 1870-71 (1897)
"This constant contact in service as well as in private intercourse was of great advantage to us now in our new functions on the headquarters staff. ..."
4. Nuclear Weapons: Improved Management Needed to Implement Stockpile edited by Gary L. Jones (2000)
"The study supported a smaller headquarters staff focused on top- level management tasks, such as strategic management and dealing with the Stockpile ..."