Definition of Health and human services
1. Noun. The United States federal department that administers all federal programs dealing with health and welfare; created in 1979.
Generic synonyms: Executive Department
Terms within: Fda, Food And Drug Administration, Cdc, Center For Disease Control And Prevention, Phs, United States Public Health Service, National Institutes Of Health, Nih
Medical Definition of Health and human services
1. See HHS. (12 Dec 1998)
Health And Human Services Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Health And Human Services Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Health And Human Services
Literary usage of Health and human services
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Young People: A Report of the Surgeon General by M. Joycelyn Elders (1997)
"US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Senice, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health, Office on Smoking and Health, 1980. ..."
2. Technologies for Understanding and Preventing Substance Abuse and Addictionby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration, Breaking New Ground for Youth At ..."
3. The Ftc Cigarette Test Method for Determining Tar, Nicotine & Carbon edited by Donald R. Shopland (1997)
"US Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking for Women. A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: US Department of ..."
4. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, 1985. HIV Infection 18.1 AIDS 18.2 HIV infection 18.8 Testing for HIV infection 18.10 HIV education ..."
5. Healthy People 2000 by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Washington, DC: US Department of Health and Human Services, 1989. National Institute on Drug Abuse. National Survey Results from High School, College, ..."
6. Community-based Interventions For Smokers: The Commit Field Experience by Beti Thompson, David M. Burns, William R. Lynn, Donald Shopland (2004)
"Rockville, MD: US Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, Office on Smoking and Health, 1987. ..."