Definition of Health code
1. Noun. Set of standards established and enforced by government for health requirements as in plumbing etc.
Generic synonyms: Code, Codification
Category relationships: Jurisprudence, Law
Health Code Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Health Code Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Health Code
Literary usage of Health code
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambrian (1900)
"THE MOSAIC HEALTH-CODE. It should be remembered that both the ox and the sheep may also act as "hosts" to parasites, and may convey disease to us when we ..."
2. Nuclear Legislation: Analytical Study : Regulatory and Institutional by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2000)
"The Public health code lays down specific rules on natural radioelements ... Under Sections L.636 to L.640 of the Public health code, only the CEA or ..."
3. Supplement ... to the Public Health Reports by United States Public Health Service (1920)
"Foods and Drugs Act—health code'Not Affected by, (Act 259, July 11,1918.) That section 12 of act 282 of 1014, approved July 9, be amended and reenacted so ..."
4. National Health and Safety Performance Standards: Guidelines for Out-Of-Home by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"health codes are not specific to child care; however, specific provisions for child care might be found in a health code. Some of the provisions in the ..."
5. Guidelines for the Humane Transportation of Research Animals by National Research Council (U. S.) (2006)
"To that end, OIE has developed the Terrestrial Animal health code and the Aquatic Animal health code, which provide OIE member countries with standards, ..."