Definition of Heating plant
1. Noun. Utility to warm a building. "They have radiant heating"
Terms within: Boiler, Steam Boiler, Radiator
Group relationships: Building, Edifice
Specialized synonyms: Central Heating, Gas Heat, Panel Heating, Steam Heat, Steam Heating
Generic synonyms: Utility
Derivative terms: Heat, Heat, Heat
Heating Plant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Heating Plant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Heating Plant
Literary usage of Heating plant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Convention by National Electric Light Association Convention, National Independent Meat Packers Association, University of Georgia College of Agriculture, University of Georgia Dept. of Food Science (1906)
"Can a direct-pressure, water-return, steam-heating plant be made to pay, ... A steam-heating plant can be made to pay if the price obtained for heating is ..."
2. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1915)
"There is but one heating- plant and it is located at the center of one side of ... The installation of this hot^water heating-plant cost little if any more ..."
3. Negro Education: A Study of the Private and Higher Schools for Colored by United States Office of Education, Thomas Jesse Jones, Phelps-Stokes Fund (1917)
"Inasmuch as the neighboring town sells electric light, the solution might be to have a local or isolated heating plant in a fireproof room adjoining the ..."
4. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1919)
"Gives reasons why a hot-air heating plant, properly installed, in a building of moderate size, ... House heating plant with forced circulation. Tests. ..."
5. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1899)
"THE central heating plant described in the following paper is imot a model one, and the reason why it has been thought worth time while to present timis ..."
6. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1911)
"11091 D. Two Types of Central heating plant Compared. Analyzes forced-circulation ... Central Power and heating plant for a Group of School Buildings. ..."
7. Mechanical Equipment of Buildings: A Reference Book for Engineers and Architects by Louis Allen Harding, Arthur Cutts Willard (1917)
"The original district heating plant w;is installed by the late ... The economy of the plant depends on whether it is a simple heating plant or a combined ..."