Definition of Hecklings
1. heckling [n] - See also: heckling
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hecklings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hecklings
Literary usage of Hecklings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1902)
"... by way of change;" even the ¡»terminable hecklings of inquisitive natives are endured with exemplary patience. When about to ascend the Cerro del Tigre, ..."
2. History of Modern France, 1815-1913 by Emile Bourgeois (1919)
"It was long since speeches had been heard like those of Emile Ollivier, Henon and Jules Favre, which were simply hecklings of the Government on all matters, ..."
3. Autobiography of Andrew Carnegie by Andrew Carnegie (1920)
"EDITOR'S NOTE THE story of a man's life, especially when it is told by the man himself, should not be interrupted by the hecklings of an editor. ..."
4. Religion and the War by Elias Hershey Sneath, Yale University Divinity School (1918)
"Such men cannot come home and take part in the heresy trials and ecclesiastical hecklings of men whom at heart they recognize as Christian brethren. ..."
5. General View of the Agriculture of the Hebrides, Or Western Isles of Scotland by James MacDonald (1811)
"If you design your hemp for sail-cloth, two hecklings will suffice, and those heck- lings are to be in the first and second large heckles," &c*. 14. ..."
6. Fifteen Thousand Useful Phrases: A Practical Handbook of Pertinent by Grenville Kleiser (1917)
"... foolish healthy and vigorous hearth and shrine heartless and hypocritical heat and impatience heaviness and weariness hecklings and interruptions hectic ..."
7. The Mexican Mind: A Study of National Psychology by Wallace Thompson (1922)
"Hence all the endless round of subterfuges and hecklings,—Jove is dozing, and if he wakes with his attention on flies, he will not soon think of putting on ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Hecklings