¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Herpetological
Medical Definition of Herpetological
1. Pertaining to herpetology. Source: Websters Dictionary (01 Mar 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Herpetological Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Herpetological
Literary usage of Herpetological
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1898)
"... especially as an exponent of the doctrine that bitumens are indigenous to the rocks in which they are found, than any other author. herpetological NOTES ..."
2. A Text-book of Zoogeography by Frank Evers Beddard (1895)
"... schemes of herpetological and mammalian regions. Nearctic Neotropical REPTILES Ethiopian ... herpetological ..."
3. Explorations Into the World of Lewis and Clark: 194 Essays from the Pages of by Robert A. Saindon (2003)
"Unfortunately there has been little attention paid to the herpetological observations of Lewis and Clark. In fact, until fairly recently there have been few ..."
4. Explorations Into the World of Lewis and Clark V-2 of 3 by Robert A. Saindon (2003)
"However, complete satisfaction is lacking in reference to the classification and description of the herpetological forms. There are several conjectural ..."
5. The Bahama Islands by George Burbank Shattuck, Geographical Society of Baltimore (1905)
"The first and most obvious result of the above attempt to analyze the herpetological fauna of the Bahamas is the conviction that the archipelago is as yet ..."
6. Popular Science Monthly (1906)
"I would be glad to know how extensive your herpetological studies have been, whether covering other branches than the Batrachia ..."