Definition of Hesperiphona vespertina
1. Noun. North American grosbeak.
Generic synonyms: Grosbeak, Grossbeak
Group relationships: Genus Hesperiphona, Hesperiphona
Hesperiphona Vespertina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hesperiphona Vespertina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hesperiphona Vespertina
Literary usage of Hesperiphona vespertina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Check-list of North American Birds by American Ornithologists' Union (1910)
"hesperiphona vespertina montina RIDGWAY. Western Evening Grosbeak. [514a.] hesperiphona vespertina var. montana RIDGWAY, in Hist. NA Birds, I, 1874, 449. ..."
2. Michigan Bird Life: A List of All the Bird Species Known to Occur in the by Walter Bradford Barrows (1912)
"hesperiphona vespertina vespertina (Coop.). (514) Synonyms: Sugar-bird. ... hesperiphona vespertina of most recent authors. Figare 110. ..."
3. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"Auk, xxxv, 209, 1918. t hesperiphona vespertina warreni Grinnell. Condor, xix, 21, 1917 (Colo., NM, and Ariz.). Auk, xxxv, 209, 1918. ..."
4. North American Birds Eggs by Chester Albert Reed (1904)
"hesperiphona vespertina. Range.—Western United States in the Rocky Mountain region; north to Saskatchewan; south in winter to Mississippi Valley and ..."