Definition of High style
1. Noun. Trend-setting fashions.
High Style Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: High Style Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of High Style
Literary usage of High style
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Middlemarch: A Study of Provincial Life by George Eliot (1873)
"... already furnished in high style by an illustrious Spa physician—furnished indeed with such large ..."
2. Dansk-norsk-engelsk Ordbog by Johannes Magnussen (1902)
"... be released; vare paa frl — be at large; leve paa en stor - live in high style, in a magnificent style; sart paa lige — med be on an equal footing, ..."
3. Sporting Magazine edited by [Anonymus AC02751662] (1810)
"QN Whit-Monday last, the An- nual Rural Sports were exhi» bited in high style at ... high style ..."
4. Fragments from German prose writers by Sarah Austin (1841)
"“This,” said Manfred, “is the true high style of our social life ; Michael Angelo's Last Judgment to the miniature picture of old hospitality and intimate ..."