¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Highman
1. a loaded die [n HIGHMEN]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Highman Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Highman
Literary usage of Highman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Stories of American Life; by American Writers by Mary Russell Mitford (1830)
"But a brokenhearted maiden prays that highman may not shute his shaft, nor Cupid hold a candle at your nuptual celebration. ..."
2. The British Drama: A Collection of the Most Esteemed Tragedies, Comedies (1859)
"No, Sir, but Madam highman hath not yet quitted possession of ... In the meantime, Mrs. highman, I should be obliged to you, if you would let me order my ..."
3. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Tennessee by Jere Baxter, Tennessee Supreme Court (1880)
"... or highman, as it appears in other parts of the record, it being shown in proof that they constituted the firm of McKenzie & Co. ..."
4. The Baptist Magazine by Baptist Missionary Society (1816)
"I will not say much to Mr highman ; for, notwithstanding his letter, I cannot hope thai he will derive benefit from any remarks of mine : for, ..."
5. "Cape Times" Law Reports: A Record of Every Matter Disposed of in the by Cape of Good Hope (South Africa). Supreme Court (1905)
"МЕ V. MARKS, highman AND COMPANY. Building contract—Extras. ... The only specifications that existed were verbal specifications between witness and highman. ..."