Definition of Hoe handle
1. Noun. The handle of a hoe.
Hoe Handle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hoe Handle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hoe Handle
hoe handle (current term)
Literary usage of Hoe handle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Century (1902)
"SHE USED HER HOE-HANDLE AS A POKER TO SCARE OUT SOME OP THE MUSKRATS." went bobbing and bowing up and down the rows, she forgot to stop her game and throw ..."
2. The Knickerbocker: Or, New-York Monthly Magazine by Charles Fenno Hoffman, Timothy Flint, Lewis Gaylord Clark, Kinahan Cornwallis, John Holmes Agnew (1845)
"There was no- mistaking either the determination of the judge's eye, nor the strength of the judge's hoe-handle. 1 Well, if I must, I s'pose I must,' said ..."
3. Old Ebenezer by Opie Percival Read (1897)
"I told him I guessed I had to have some place to laugh, and I grabbed the hoe-handle again, and went on with my tittering. 'Young fellow,' he said, ..."
4. The Overland Monthly by Bret Harte (1869)
"I think the hoe-handle, or whatever it might have been, was slowly drawn in. A match was touched off on the casement, making about as much light as a ..."
5. Modern Eloquence by Thomas Brackett Reed, Rossiter Johnson, Justin McCarthy, Albert Ellery Bergh (1900)
"Said Columbus: "This world is like a hoe- handle, the further off the further down, the further off the further down,—just like a hoe-handle. ..."
6. Elements of Luganda Grammar: Together with Exercises and Vocabulary, by a by William Arthur Crabtree, Church Missionary Society (1902)
"Is that hoe-handle thine ? it is not mine. Your stick is short, mine is long. ... That [near] hoe-handle is not hers. The hoe-handle, its iron (piece). ..."
7. The Four Corners by Amy Ella Blanchard (1906)
"Unc' Landy seized the hoe-handle upon which he was at work, and made an energetic progress ... Brandishing his hoe-handle, he threateningly cried: "Wha" yo' ..."