2. Adjective. Made more accurate or precise. ¹
3. Verb. (past of hone) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Honed
1. hone [v] - See also: hone
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Honed Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Honed
Literary usage of Honed
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Monthly Reviewby Ralph Griffiths by Ralph Griffiths (1786)
"In the clergy, how diverted under a moderate government — Generally honed — — xxviii. i \ 6 xix. ..."
2. Journal by General Assembly, Pennsylvania General Assembly. Senate, Pennsylvania (1905)
"honed herein, and in the quantity designated by tiH* second section of the act of April 22, ... honed ..."
3. The New Annual Register, Or, General Repository of History, Politics, and by Andrew Kippis (1796)
"Pafs on then, and pity my weak- nefs, but not without remembering that ' D^gí are honed creature«, ' Ne'er fawn nn any that ..."