Definition of Horseshit
1. Noun. Obscene words for unacceptable behavior. "What he said was mostly bull"
Generic synonyms: Buncombe, Bunk, Bunkum, Guff, Hogwash, Rot
Language type: Dirty Word, Filth, Obscenity, Smut, Vulgarism
Derivative terms: Bull, Bullshit, Crappy
Definition of Horseshit
1. Noun. (vulgar slang) Serious harassment or abuse. ¹
2. Noun. (vulgar slang) Blatant nonsense, more likely stemming from ignorance than any intent to deceive. ¹
3. Noun. (vulgar slang) bullshit ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Horseshit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Horseshit
Literary usage of Horseshit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Green Light!: Men of the 81st Troop Carrier Squadron Tell Their Story by Martin Wolfe (1989)
"The example chosen was "old horseshit Charlie" [Hastings] and his Black Sheep plane from the 82nd Squadron. As we were burning 145 mag. at full RPM to get ..."
2. Ill-Equipped: U.S. Prisons and Offenders with Mental Illness by Sasha Abramsky (2003)
"I'm getting tired of this horseshit, man. Verbally abusing me. I've been in the box five years and I'm not the man I used to be. VK claimed that in some of ..."
3. 54 by Wu Ming (2005)
"... was on the island as well, I know it's incredible, but that's what happened, I swear, so then my father fired and the kidnappers escaped -' 'horseshit! ..."
4. Eastern Standard Tribe by Cory Doctorow (2005)
"Macho fucking horseshit!" The triumph was fading, fast replaced by anger. "What's wrong with you? Do you always have to snatch defeat from the jaws of ..."
5. Okay, Girls by Helen Gilbert (2006)
"Uncle John, Mom's brother, was called "horseshit Johnny" as a child, due to the fact he hung around the stables with the horses. He was a man's man, ..."
6. Seaville: A Blue Water Adventure by Richard Miller (2004)
""Oh, horseshit! You don't expect me to believe that?" "No, but try." "I believe it." Frenchy unwrapped a piece of bubble gum and began chewing. ..."
7. Cats in a Chowder by Fred J Schneider (2006)
"I won't have that flag-burning son of a bitch living here and twisting Robin's mind with all his longhaired horseshit." Harry yelled through the open doors. ..."
8. To All My Children As the World Turns by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1993)
"Life is much bigger and older and bolder, than all those put together who shovel of the “horseshit”. Life was here long before them and will be ..."