Definition of Huaqueros
1. huaquero [n] - See also: huaquero
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Huaqueros Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Huaqueros
Literary usage of Huaqueros
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Historic Society of Lancashire and Cheshire (1861)
"Among the Peruvians we discover in their huaqueros, sacred or tomb ... The skill of the Peruvian potter was laid out upon the manufacture of the huaqueros, ..."
2. Proceedings of the American Antiquarian Society by American Antiquarian Society (1878)
"were met by the " huaqueros" they did not recognize them as such, and threw them away. The scanty knowledge we have of all these interesting technical ..."
3. The Anthropological Review by Anthropological Society of London (1866)
"... huaqueros, The President recommended a careful examination of this mummy, for which purpose a committee was appointed. ..."
4. Materials for the Physical Anthropology of the Eastern European Jews by Maurice Fishberg (1907)
"... objects as to have induced enterprising miners, or huaqueros, to conduct a stream of water from a long distance in order to completely wash the slopes. ..."
5. Travels in Peru During the Years 1838-1842: On the Coast, in the Sierra by Johann Jakob von Tschudi (1847)
"The Peruvians give to all objects dug up from the old graves, the name of huaqueros, from Huaca, the word for grave in the Quichua language. ..."
6. Antiquarian, Ethnological, and Other Researches in New Granada, Equador by William Bollaert (1860)
"I have supposed that the huaqueros or sacred vases, found in the Inca Peruvian tombs, were made under the superintendence of the priests. ..."
7. The Phrenological Journal, and Magazine of Moral Science (1842)
"There is hero an ancient burying-place of the Indians, which has been pretty generally turned up by visitors in search of huaqueros, or earthen vessels, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Huaqueros