Definition of Hyeing
1. hye [v] - See also: hye
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyeing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyeing
hyeing (current term)
Literary usage of Hyeing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Year Book of Daily Recreation and Information: Concerning Remarkable Men ...by William Hone by William Hone (1841)
"... For by the twilight did I mark Wolves hyeing to their covert dark, And stags to covert fly." Now by the rising sun I view'd In tears my lady's face ..."
2. The Mechanics' Magazine (1857)
"Improvements in | the manufacture of sulphate of alumina and the application of the »ame so manufactured in hyeing, printing, paper making, and such like ..."
3. Curiosities of Music: A Collection of Facts Not Generally Known, Regarding by Louis Charles Elson (1880)
"... Then quickly bid thy leman speed, Nor linger till the day; For by the twilight did I mark Wolves hyeing to their covert dark, And stags to covert fly. ..."
4. Reminiscences of J. L. Toole by John Lawrence Toole, Joseph Hatton (1889)
"... who'd been a-hyeing the bandit-chief a long time—and I'd begun to notice it—all of a sudden he looks the chief in the eye, turns a flip-flap, ..."
5. A Pilgrimage to the Land of Burns: Containing Anecdotes of the Bard, and of by Hew Ainslie (1822)
"... hyeing To furm or pew, I wi' my head and ban' am trying A verse to yon. An' tho' the Irvine by me flows, A stream, weel lik'd, ye may suppose ; An' tho' ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Hyeing