Definition of Hylocichla guttata
1. Noun. North American thrush noted for its complex and appealing song.
Generic synonyms: Thrush
Group relationships: Genus Hylocichla, Hylocichla
Hylocichla Guttata Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hylocichla Guttata Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hylocichla Guttata
Literary usage of Hylocichla guttata
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Birds of North and Middle America: A Descriptive Catalogue of the Higher by Robert Ridgway (1907)
"hylocichla guttata PALLASII (Cabanis). HERMIT THRUSH. Most like //. д. папа of the western subspecies, but upper parts of a lighter, ..."
2. Birds of the Kotzebue Sound Region, Alaska by Joseph Grinnell (1900)
"hylocichla guttata auduboni (Baird). Audubon Hermit Thrush. Very possibly this thrush breeds in ... hylocichla guttata nana (Audubon). Dwarf Hermit Thrush. ..."
3. The Bird Book: Illustrating in Natural Colors More Than Seven Hundred North by Chester Albert Reed (1914)
"hylocichla guttata guttata. Range.—Pacific coast from British Columbia ... hylocichla guttata auduboni. Range.—Rocky Mountain region of the United States. ..."
4. Science Series by Colorado College (1907)
"hylocichla guttata guttata. Alaska Hermit Thrush. Migrant; not common. Usually arrives the first week in May, earliest date April 20, 1907, ..."
5. The Myxomycetes of Colorado by William Codman Sturgis (1907)
"hylocichla guttata guttata. Alaska Hermit Thrush. Migrant; not common. Usually arrives the first ... hylocichla guttata auduboni. Audubon's Hermit Thrush. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Hylocichla guttata