¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hyperuricemia
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyperuricemia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyperuricemia
Literary usage of Hyperuricemia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"As in Group I, smoking and hyperuricemia had a close relationship to solitary tight plaque in a branch of the coronary artery (Group III). ..."
2. Second Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of ...by Scott M. Grundy by Scott M. Grundy (1997)
"... or hyperuricemia Yes Yes for crystalline form; uncertain for sustained-release form Flushing, hepatotoxicity, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia or gout, ..."
3. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1917)
"The diagnosis of gout may not be based solely on the finding of a hyperuricemia, for high concentrations are also found sometimes in other joint conditions; ..."
4. 5th Report Of The Joint National Committee On Detection, Evaluation, And by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"Patients With Gout hyperuricemia is a frequent rinding, ... Diuretic-induced hyperuricemia does not require treatment in the absence of gout or urate stones ..."
5. Management & Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease edited by Clarice D. Reid, Samuel Charace, Bertram Lubin (1997)
"hyperuricemia About 15 percent of children and 40 percent of adults with SS disease ... hyperuricemia in SS disease responds poorly to uricosuric agents, ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... treatment of hyperuricemia and gout. This agent, an analog of hypoxanthine, is a potent inhibitor of xanthine oxidase, which catalyzes the conversion of ..."
7. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"... and plasma prolactin levels in rats, 158, 517 Hypertriglyceridemia relationship with increased red cell oxygen affinity (human), 159, 437 hyperuricemia ..."