Definition of Hyphema
1. Noun. Bleeding into the interior chamber of the eye.
Medical Definition of Hyphema
1. Haemorrhage within the anterior chamber of the eye. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyphema Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyphema
Literary usage of Hyphema
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annals of Ophthalmology (1917)
"... who had been struck in the eye by a harness buckle. The eye had been blind for years. Patient has been in the Kansas City clinics. hyphema was present. ..."
2. An American Text-book of Diseases of the Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat by Burton Alexander Randall, George Edmund DeSchweinitz (1901)
"hyphema most often follows injuries and contusions of, and operations upon, ... hyphema has been observed as a result of dysmenorrhea and purpura ..."
3. A Synopsis of the North American Lichensby Edward Tuckerman by Edward Tuckerman (1882)
"... which are to play so great a part in the lichen-world, is a dimly-seen, primordial tissue—a web or network of exceedingly delicate filaments (hyphema, ..."
4. Management & Therapy of Sickle Cell Disease edited by Clarice D. Reid, Samuel Charace, Bertram Lubin (1997)
"SICKLE CELL hyphema Individuals with sickle cell hemoglobinopathies, including sickle cell trait, ..."
5. Titles of original articles printed in American and Canadian medical ...by American Medical Association by American Medical Association (1901)
"... pleural, early aspiration of (91) 525 Eye, anatomy of (34) 345 artificial, closed (96) 1810 contusions of, producing obliterating hyphema (103) 469, ..."