Definition of Ice
1. Noun. Water frozen in the solid state. "Americans like ice in their drinks"
Substance meronyms: Ice Cube, Glacier
Terms within: H2o, Water
Generic synonyms: Crystal
Specialized synonyms: Black Ice, Frost, Hoar, Hoarfrost, Rime, Hailstone, Icicle
2. Verb. Decorate with frosting. "Frost a cake"
Category relationships: Cookery, Cooking, Preparation
Generic synonyms: Cover
Derivative terms: Frosting, Icing
3. Noun. The frozen part of a body of water.
Specialized synonyms: Drift Ice, Icefall, Neve, Ice Pack, Pack Ice, Ice Shelf, Shelf Ice
4. Verb. Cause to become ice or icy. "An iced summer drink"
5. Noun. Diamonds. "Look at the ice on that dame!"
Language type: Colloquialism
Generic synonyms: Diamond
Derivative terms: Sparkle
6. Verb. Put ice on or put on ice. "Did he ice his foot? "; "Ice your sprained limbs"
7. Noun. A flavored sugar topping used to coat and decorate cakes.
8. Noun. A frozen dessert with fruit flavoring (especially one containing no milk).
9. Noun. An amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant.
Generic synonyms: Amphetamine, Pep Pill, Speed, Upper, Controlled Substance
10. Noun. A heat engine in which combustion occurs inside the engine rather than in a separate furnace; heat expands a gas that either moves a piston or turns a gas turbine.
Specialized synonyms: Diesel, Diesel Engine, Diesel Motor, Four-stroke Engine, Four-stroke Internal-combustion Engine, Gas Engine, Gasoline Engine, Petrol Engine, Outboard, Outboard Motor, Radial Engine, Rotary Engine, Reciprocating Engine, Rotary Engine, Valve-in-head Engine
Terms within: Block, Cylinder Block, Engine Block, Force Feed, Force-feed Lubricating System, Lubricating System, Pressure Feed, Pressure-feed Lubricating System, Poppet, Poppet Valve, Self-starter, Supercharger
Generic synonyms: Heat Engine
Group relationships: Motorboat, Powerboat, Automotive Vehicle, Motor Vehicle
11. Noun. A rink with a floor of ice for ice hockey or ice skating. "The crowd applauded when she skated out onto the ice"
Specialized synonyms: Ice Hockey Rink, Ice-hockey Rink
Generic synonyms: Rink, Skating Rink
Derivative terms: Icy
Definition of Ice
1. n. Water or other fluid frozen or reduced to the solid state by cold; frozen water. It is a white or transparent colorless substance, crystalline, brittle, and viscoidal. Its specific gravity (0.92, that of water at 4° C. being 1.0) being less than that of water, ice floats.
2. v. t. To cover with ice; to convert into ice, or into something resembling ice.
Definition of Ice
1. Initialism. ice, compress, elevation (first-aid) ¹
2. Initialism. Institution of Civil Engineers ¹
3. Initialism. internal combustion engine, internal-combustion engine ¹
4. Initialism. International Cultural Exchange ¹
5. Initialism. In Case of Emergency, (used in mobile phones followed by the number to call if the phone’s owner is injured). ¹
6. Initialism. InterCityExpress ¹
7. Initialism. in-car entertainment ¹
8. Initialism. (computing) in-circuit emulator ¹
9. Initialism. (government) Immigration and Customs Enforcement - a law-enforcement agency of the United States Federal government. ¹
10. Noun. Water in frozen (solid) form. ¹
11. Noun. (context: uncountable physics astronomy) Any frozen volatile chemical, such as ammonia or carbon dioxide. ¹
12. Noun. A frozen dessert made of fruit juice, water and sugar. ¹
13. Noun. Any substance having the appearance of ice. ¹
14. Noun. (uncountable slang) One or more diamonds. ¹
15. Noun. (context: uncountable slang drugs) Crystal form of methamphetamine. ¹
16. Noun. (context: uncountable ice hockey) The area where a game of ice hockey is played. ¹
17. Verb. To cool with ice, as a beverage. ¹
18. Verb. To become ice, to freeze. ¹
19. Verb. (slang) : To murder. ¹
20. Verb. To cover with icing (frosting made of sugar and milk or white of egg); to frost; as cakes, tarts, etc. ¹
21. Verb. (ice hockey) To put out a team for a match. ¹
22. Verb. (ice hockey) To shoot the puck the length of the playing surface, causing a stoppage in play called icing. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ice
1. to cover with ice (frozen water) [v ICED, ICING, ICES]
Medical Definition of Ice
1. Water or other fluid frozen or reduced to the solid state by cold; frozen water. It is a white or transparent colourless substance, crystalline, brittle, and viscoidal. Its specific gravity (0.92, that of water at 4 deg C. Being 1.0) being less than that of water, ice floats.
Water freezes at 32 deg F. Or 0 deg Cent, and ice melts at the same temperature. Ice owes its cooling properties to the large amount of heat required to melt it.
2. Concreted sugar.
3. Water, cream, custard, etc, sweetened, flavored, and artificially frozen.
4. Any substance having the appearance of ice; as, camphor ice. Anchor ice, ice which sometimes forms about stones and other objects at the bottom of running or other water, and is thus attached or anchored to the ground. Bay ice, ice formed in bays, fiords, etc, often in extensive fields which drift out to sea. Ground ice, anchor ice.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ice Images