Definition of Iguanodontidae
1. Noun. Iguanodons.
Generic synonyms: Reptile Family
Group relationships: Euronithopod, Euronithopoda, Ornithopoda, Suborder Euronithopoda, Suborder Ornithopoda
Member holonyms: Genus Iguanodon
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Iguanodontidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Iguanodontidae
Literary usage of Iguanodontidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1888)
"... from the iguanodontidae to form the type of a primary division of the group, as I had suggested (' Geol. Soc. Quart. Journ.,' vol. 30, 1874, p. ..."
2. Geological Magazine by Henry Woodward (1891)
"In contributions to knowledge of this order, indeed, Europe sinks into insignificance, except as regards the iguanodontidae, ..."
3. Text-book of Paleontology by Karl Alfred von Zittel (1902)
"iguanodontidae.- Long axis of skull set at right angles to the neck. Antorbital vacuity small, mandibular coronoid process strongly developed. ..."
4. The Popular Science Review: A Quarterly Miscellany of Entertaining and (1880)
"... and iguanodontidae. But though these are the best marked Dinosaurian groups in England, there are many Dinosaurs that it would be difficult to place ..."
5. Geological Series by Field Columbian Museum (1907)
"... to the iguanodontidae. As regards the term "Sauropoda," it must be recognized that it was based upon a much more complete knowledge of the group, ..."