¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Impaler
1. one that impales [n -S] - See also: impales
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Impaler Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Impaler
Literary usage of Impaler
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"The father of this Vlad impaler. had himself been notorious for his ferocity, but his son, during his Turkish sojourn, had improved on his father's example. ..."
2. The History of the Balkan Peninsula: From the Earliest Times to the Present Day by Ferdinand Schevill (1922)
"Nevertheless the impaler could fight like a fiend and repeatedly defeated both the lieutenants of Mohammed and the redoubtable Mohammed himself. ..."
3. The Papacy and the Levant, 1204-1571 by Kenneth M. Setton (1978)
"After an extraordinarily difficult but finally successful campaign against Vlad III Dracula, later known as "Tepes" ("the impaler"), the notorious voivode ..."
4. Roumania Past and Present by James Samuelson (1882)
"Between that time and 1473 he once, if not twice, defeated Radu (the brother of Vlad the impaler), King of Wallachia, and in 1475 he was at war with the ..."