Definition of Imperforate anus
1. Noun. A congenital defect of the anus; there is partial or complete obstruction of the anal opening.
Medical Definition of Imperforate anus
Imperforate Anus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Imperforate Anus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Imperforate Anus
Literary usage of Imperforate anus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"If one does not improve in a few days there is a clear indication for an early operation for the removal of a foreign body. imperforate anus; Congenital ..."
2. A Treatise on the Diseases of Children: With Directions for the Management by Michael Underwood, Marshall Hall (1835)
"imperforate anus. The anus is sometimes closed only by a thin membrane, ... But more commonly the imperforate anus is a melancholy case, as it seldom allows ..."
3. The Retrospect of Medicine by William Braithwaite (1858)
"PROPOSED MODIFICATION IN OPERATIVE INTERFERENCE. By REDFERN DAVIES, Esq., Birmingham. The surgical epoch in which congenital imperforate anus will cease to ..."
4. Obstetrics for nurses by Joseph Bolivar De Lee (1922)
"Occlusion of the anus or imperforate anus the nurse will discover when she comes to take the infant's temperature and by the fact that the bowels do not ..."