¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Incandescently
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Incandescently Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Incandescently
Literary usage of Incandescently
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Theatre of Max Reinhardt by Huntly Carter (1914)
"... players are taught to fight for the centre of the stage, and the limelight man beams incandescently on the leading actor or actress. ..."
2. Elements of Geology: A Text-book for Colleges and for the General Reader by Joseph LeConte, Herman Le Roy Fairchild (1903)
"... lava-masses remain incandescently hot almost indefinitely. Percolating water reaching these hot interior portions develops force sufficient to eject ..."
3. The Homely Diary of a Diplomat in the East, 1897-1899 by Thomas Skelton Harrison (1917)
"The drawing- room was a spacious apartment, with very high ceiling, lighted incandescently and sumptuously and tastefully decorated and furnished, ..."
4. A Condensed Course in Motion Picture Photography by Charles Wilbur Hoffman, Carl Louis Gregory (1920)
"The most common source of light is, of course, the sun, which is a heavenly body incandescently hot. In the arc light, the light is emitted by the carbon ..."
5. The Horseless Age (1903)
"... awoke in me a very keen appreciation of the positive superiority (for the city doctor) of the matchless, sparkless, yet incandescently luminous, cool, ..."
6. Advance Australasia: A Day-to-day Record of a Recent Visit to Australasia by Frank Thomas Bullen (1907)
"There was no moon, and in the clear, deep violet of the heavens, from zenith to horizon, the stars glowed incandescently. The air was most invigoratingly ..."
7. Across the Great Saint Bernard: The Modes of Nature and the Manners of Man by Alfred Richard Sennett (1904)
"Just a great smooth stone ball, shall we say ? a giant marble, incandescently hot outside, molten within. The first idea prevalent regarding mountains was ..."