¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Incrementalist
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Incrementalist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Incrementalist
Literary usage of Incrementalist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Palestinian Refugees: Challenges of Repatriation and Development by Rex Brynen (2007)
"Others in the local NGO community and individuals in the PA belonged to a second group, which can be termed the 'incrementalist' school. ..."
2. The United Nations System: The Policies of Member States by Chadwick F. Alger, Gene Martin Lyons, John E. Trent (1995)
"... and within the UN system) and strong commitment to multilateralism discriminate in favour of such managerial or incrementalist policy activities. ..."
3. Defense Policy in the Reagan Administration edited by William P. Snyder, James Brown (1997)
"An incrementalist approach, in response to changing perceptions of Soviet proxy activity, is inescapable. Perhaps the need is for a more proactive policy ..."
4. Hope for South Africa? by Lewis H. Gann, Peter Duignan (1991)
"Other "incrementalist" parties included the Labour party, mainly a coloured organization led by Allan Hendrickse, with an estimated 100000 members.34 The ..."
5. Conference on Assessing the Effects of Legislation on the Workload of the edited by A. Fletcher Magnum (1998)
"incrementalist efforts are also possible. When an action augments and builds on the past, it can be projected by some ..."
6. Human Rights in Northern Ireland: Congressional Hearing edited by Christopher H. Smith (1999)
"As an incrementalist approach one would hope that the Blair administration, the Blair Government would begin to look at the emergency legislation, ..."
7. Education and Capitalism: How Overcoming Our Fear of Markets and Economics by Herbert J. Walberg (2003)
"... about 11000 students in Milwaukee were attending private schools using vouchers.4 Some supporters of choice prefer incrementalist strategies to ..."
8. Human Rights in Northern Ireland: Congressional Hearing edited by Christopher H. Smith (1999)
"As an incrementalist approach one would hope that the Blair administration, the Blair Government would begin to look at the ..."