Definition of Indian plantain
1. Noun. Any of various plants of the genus Cacalia having leaves resembling those of plantain.
Indian Plantain Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Indian Plantain Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Indian Plantain
Literary usage of Indian plantain
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botany of the United States North of Virginia: Comprising Descriptions of by Lewis Caleb Beck (1848)
"Sweet-scented indian plantain. 2. C. atriplicifolia Linn. ... Kidney-leaved Indian Plantain. 52. SENECIO. Linn.—Groundsel. (From the Latin senex, ..."
2. Manual of the Botany of the Northern United States by Asa Gray (1859)
"(GREAT indian plantain.) Stem (4°- 9° high) grooved and angled ... (TUBEROUS indian plantain.) Stem angled and grooved (2°-6° high), from a thick or ..."
3. Journal of the Society of Arts by Society of Arts (Great Britain) (1853)
"It has long been known that the stem of the West indian plantain, or banana, contains a large quantity of a strong and serviceable fibre, suitable for many ..."
4. A Preliminary Catalogue of the Flora of New Jersey by Nathaniel Lord Britton (1881)
"Great indian plantain. Banks of the Delaware near Camden, CF Parker ; New Jersey, ... C. atriplicifolia, L. Pale indian plantain. In a meadow near Camden, ..."
5. Michigan Flora: Prepared for the Thirtieth Annual Report of the Secretary of by William James Beal, Charles Fay Wheeler (1892)
"Tuberous indian plantain. SS Mich., -Wright's Cat.; 3 miles east of Kalamazoo, 1888,— Dr. D. Honghton ..."
6. Report: New York by Otis Stuart (1904)
"Frequent. 2217. M. tuberosa (Nutt.) Britton. Tuberous indian plantain. ... Sweet-scented indian plantain. L. Lodi, Miss Clark, in Winch. ..."
7. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"Great Indian-plantain Herbaceous perennial Woods and floodplains. ... P Cacalia suaveolens L. Sweet-scented Indian-plantain Herbaceous perennial River ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Indian plantain