Definition of Inferior thyroid vein
1. Noun. Any of several veins on each side that drain the thyroid gland and empty into the innominate vein.
Medical Definition of Inferior thyroid vein
Inferior Thyroid Vein Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inferior Thyroid Vein Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inferior Thyroid Vein
Literary usage of Inferior thyroid vein
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray, Thomas Pickering Pick (1897)
"... inferior laryngeal artery join the inferior thyroid vein which opens into the innominate vein. The lymphatics terminate in the deep cervical glands. ..."
2. Thyroid and Thymus by André Crotti (1922)
"The inferior thyroid vein empties into the internal jugular vein. Not infrequently, as shown by Kocher, there is a middle vein which emerges from the side ..."
3. Textbook of Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1905)
"Its lower border is in relation with the arch of the aorta, and on its upper border it receives the inferior thyroid vein of one or both sides. Tributaries. ..."
4. A Treatise on the diseases and surgery of the mouth, jaws and associate parts by James Edmund Garretson (1869)
"inferior thyroid vein. 14. Transverse vein.—After Bernard and Huette. Fio. 2. ... inferior thyroid vein. 6. External jugular vein. 7. ..."
5. The Surgery and pathology of the thyroid and parathyroid glands by Albert John Ochsner, Ralph Leroy Thompson (1913)
"It is much more difficult to isolate the inferior thyroid vein when the superior thyroid ... In ligating the inferior thyroid vein, on the other hand, ..."