¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Influenzal
Medical Definition of Influenzal
1. Relating to, marked by, or resulting from influenza. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Influenzal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Influenzal
Literary usage of Influenzal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1916)
"CEREBROSPINAL meningitis caused by the influenzal bacillus is reported not infrequently, and probably often occurs without recognition, as there is nothing ..."
2. Collected Papers by the Staff of Saint Mary's Hospital, Mayo Clinic by Saint Marys Hospital (Rochester, Minn.) (1921)
"The exact leukocytic reaction, however, throughout the initial influenzal attack and in influenzal pneumonia in fatal and nonfatal infections has not been ..."
3. Transactions of the Fifteenth International Congress on Hygiene and (1913)
"influenzal meningitis is more frequent and more fatal among infants and children than it is among adults. Of the 7 recovered cases, only 2 were infants less ..."
4. The Montreal Medical Journal edited by George Edgeworth Fenwick, Thomas George Roddick, George Ross (1892)
"The influenzal poison, like that of all the common acute infectious ... The three great influenzal epidemics of the past few years have sorely tried the ..."
5. The Dublin Journal of Medical Science (1890)
"... in six cases out of nine which were examined. In addition to them, peculiar-shaped streptococci were found in many cases. 5. influenzal Pneumonia. ..."
6. The Retrospect of Practical Medicine and Surgery: Being a Half-yearly edited by William Braithwaite, James Braithwaite, Edmond Fauriel Trevelyan (1897)
"... a trial of this method of treating whooping- cough, but in private practice it would be impossible to carry it out in this country. 9.—influenzal ..."