Definition of Informalities
1. informality [n] - See also: informality
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Informalities Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Informalities
Literary usage of Informalities
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American and English Encyclopaedia of Law by David Shephard Garland, James Cockcroft, Lucius Polk McGehee, Charles Porterfield (1904)
"informalities and Irregularities Do Kot Invalidate — California. ... By Statute in some states it is provided that informalities which do not prejudice the ..."
2. Cyclopedia of the Law of Private Corporations by William Meade Fletcher (1918)
"Effect of informalities and irregularities in increase. As was stated before, since legislative authority is necessary to enable a corporation to increase ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Malicious Prosecution, False Imprisonment, and the by Martin L. Newell (1892)
"Irregularities and informalities of proceedings — Process, etc.— In cases where the action is founded upon irregularities or informalities in the process or ..."
4. A Treatise on the Law of Husband and Wife by James Schouler (1882)
"Equity Doctrine; informalities overlooked; Whether Fraud debars Wife. — Our courts of equity will sometimes overlook informalities in order to give effect ..."
5. Raising the Veil by Ball Fenner (1856)
"How Rogues escape from Justice on account of the informalities found in indictments—A specimen of an indictment and complaint combined—Ruling of a learned ..."
6. The Law of Railways: Embracing the Law of Corporations, Eminent Domain by Isaac Fletcher Redfield (1888)
"Strangers must take notice of general want of authority in directors, but not of mere informalities. tion payable in land. § 139. 1. ..."
7. Essays on the Principles of Morality: And on the Private and Political by Jonathan Dymond (1845)
"... of Chancery—Of fixed laws— Their inadequacy—They increase litigation—Delays—Expenses—informalities—Precedents—Verdicts—Legal proof—Courts of Arbitration ..."
8. A Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High Treason and ...by Thomas Bayly Howell by Thomas Bayly Howell (1816)
"The proclamation for evidence before the jury is sworn, which ought to be after, and several other informalities in the indictment and proceedings, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Informalities