Definition of Inherited disease
1. Noun. A disease or disorder that is inherited genetically.
Generic synonyms: Disease
Specialized synonyms: Monogenic Disease, Monogenic Disorder, Polygenic Disease, Polygenic Disorder, Achondroplasia, Achondroplasty, Chondrodystrophy, Osteosclerosis Congenita, Abetalipoproteinemia, Inborn Error Of Metabolism, Congenital Megacolon, Hirschsprung's Disease, Mucopolysaccharidosis, Hyperbetalipoproteinemia, Ichthyosis, Branched Chain Ketoaciduria, Maple Syrup Urine Disease, Mcardle's Disease, Dystrophy, Muscular Dystrophy, Oligodactyly, Oligodontia, Otosclerosis, Autosomal Dominant Disease, Autosomal Dominant Disorder, Autosomal Recessive Defect, Autosomal Recessive Disease, Congenital Pancytopenia, Fanconi's Anaemia, Fanconi's Anemia, Juvenile Amaurotic Idiocy, Spielmeyer-vogt Disease, Congenital Afibrinogenemia, Albers-schonberg Disease, Marble Bones Disease, Osteopetrosis, Nevoid Elephantiasis, Pachyderma, Dwarfism, Nanism, Lactase Deficiency, Lactose Intolerance, Milk Intolerance, Porphyria, Hepatolenticular Degeneration, Wilson's Disease
Inherited Disease Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inherited Disease Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inherited Disease
Literary usage of Inherited disease
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The venereal diseases, including stricture of the male urethra by Edward Lawrence Keyes (1881)
"Bone Syphilis in inherited disease.—Inherited Syphilis in the Infant.— Date of Appearance of Symptoms in inherited disease.—Pemphigus of Inherited Syphilis. ..."
2. An Introduction to Pathology and Morbid Anatomy by Thomas Henry Green, Hubert Montague Murray (1895)
"... due to abnormality of the first; acquired, due to abnormality of the second and third. inherited disease.—The tendency to inherited disease either ..."
3. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1897)
"In a large proportion of the cases this inherited disease is not syphilis, ... This inherited disease is true syphilis only if it conform to the ordinary ..."
4. The Medical and Surgical Reporter (1896)
"In a large proportion of the cases this inherited disease is not syphilis at ... This inherited disease is true syphilis only if it conforms to the ordinary ..."
5. The Table Talk and Omniana of Samuel Taylor Coleridge: With Additional Table by Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1888)
"inherited disease.—Hope* I CERTAINLY think that juries would be more conscientious, if they were allowed a larger discretion. But, after all, juries cannot ..."
6. Dictionary of Quotations from Ancient and Modern English and Foreign Sources by James Wood (1899)
"Pr. Es erben sich Gesetz' und Rechte / Wie eine ewige Krankheit fort—Laws and rights descend like an inveterate inherited disease. Got'l/'tc. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Inherited disease