Definition of Insect repellant
1. Noun. A chemical substance that repels insects.
Insect Repellant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Insect Repellant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Insect Repellant
Literary usage of Insect repellant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Income Opportunities in Special Forest Products: Self-Help Suggestions for by Margaret G. Thomas (1994)
"... tea Chemistry and use similar to goldenseal Flavoring, sedative Insect repellant—antispasmodic Urinary antiseptic—food additive (root beer) Antiseptic, ..."
2. A Traveler's Guide to the Galapagos Islands by Barry Boyce (2004)
"... first aid cream, foot powder, insect repellant, IMODIUM", skin cream, topical anesthetic skin spray (for sunburn, insect bites, cuts, and scratches), ..."
3. Cayman Islandsby Don Philpott by Don Philpott (2002)
"Use a good insect repellant, particularly if you are planning trips inland such as hikes through the bush or woodlands. Lemon grass can sometimes be found ..."
4. Hygiene of Communicable Diseases: A Handbook for Sanitarians, Medical by Francis Merton Munson, John Harington, Francis Randolph Packard, Fielding Hudson Garrison (1920)
"As an insect repellant a film of some form of petroleum may be kept on the surface of the liquid in each container. Water must be added to the liquefying ..."
5. Adventure Guide to the Alaska Highway by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"Be sure to dose up on insect repellant before getting out of your vehicle. This is where most people give up on the Dalton and head back south, ..."
6. Status of the Department of Veterans Affairs to Identify Gulf War Syndrome edited by Christopher Shays (1998)
"... including pyridostigmine bromide in anti-nerve gas tablets, DEET, in a highly concentrated insect repellant, and pesticides and flea collars that some ..."