Definition of Installment plan
1. Noun. A system for paying for goods by installments.
Generic synonyms: Regular Payment
Specialized synonyms: Hire-purchase, Never-never
Installment Plan Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Installment Plan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Installment Plan
Literary usage of Installment plan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. New Homes for Old by Sophonisba Preston Breckinridge (1921)
"... ON THE installment plan In the purchase of furniture and of clothing there is the temptation to buy on the installment plan. ..."
2. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"Sale« on installment plan. One who goes from house to house with articles of commerce, there offering them for sale on the installment plan, and delivering ..."
3. Business Law for Business Men: A Reference Book Showing the Laws of by Anthony Jennings Bledsoe (1907)
"SALES ON THE installment plan.—Real estate may be sold on the installment plan, the purchaser agreeing to make certain payments at stated times, ..."
4. Federal Income Tax, War-profits and Excess-profits Taxes: Including Stamp by George Edwin Holmes (1921)
"Sale of Personal Property on installment plan. Dealers in personal property ordinarily sell either for cash, or on the personal credit of the buyer, ..."
5. Bulletin of the Department of Labor by United States Dept. of Labor (1906)
"There the prudent housewife declared that she made it a rule never to buy any furniture on the installment plan, and one could well believe her, ..."
6. The Railroad Trainman by Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen (1890)
"The installment plan. [Written for the JOURNAL.! The time was, in the New England states, when the Yankee peddler—the prototype of the Individual of whom I ..."