Definition of Instrument of punishment
1. Noun. An instrument designed and used to punish a condemned person.
Generic synonyms: Instrument
Instrument Of Punishment Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Instrument Of Punishment Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Instrument Of Punishment
Literary usage of Instrument of punishment
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Works of Jeremy Bentham by Jeremy Bentham, John Bowring (1843)
"ITS INAPTITUDE, APPLIED AS IT IS AS AN instrument of punishment. IN the character of an instrument of punishment, the infliction in question, ..."
2. Notes and Queries by Martim de Albuquerque (1862)
"F. С. Н. But the ferula of leather ie as fair an instrument of punishment as could have been devised, and is still used in several schools. ..."
3. Historical Memoirs of My Own Time by Nathaniel William Wraxall (1815)
"he unsheathed the instrument of punishment, according to the practice adopted in the German Empire, where the Axe is rarely, or never, used for decapitation ..."
4. Collection of the Most Celebrated Voyages and Travels from the Discovery of by Forster, R. P (1818)
"... to make it an instrument of punishment; and they pertinaciously adhered to the most mortifying silence and disregard of mv complaints. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Instrument of punishment