Definition of Intelligence officer
1. Noun. A person secretly employed in espionage for a government.
Generic synonyms: Agent
Specialized synonyms: Agent-in-place, Agent Provocateur, Provocateur, Bridge Agent, Case Officer, Codetalker, Windtalker, Foot, Noc, Spy, Undercover Agent, Walk-in
Intelligence Officer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intelligence Officer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intelligence Officer
Literary usage of Intelligence officer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Security Awareness in the 1980s: Featured Articles From Security Awareness (1992)
"The intelligence officer looks for a combination of access to desired information and some ... In typical fashion, an intelligence officer proceeds with his ..."
2. History of the 107th Infantry, U.S.A. by Gerald F. Jacobson (1920)
"The Regimental intelligence officer, with three Battalion intelligence officers under his direction, was closely associated with the Operations Officer by ..."
3. ... The History of the 33rd Division, A.E.F., by Frederick Louis Huidekoper by Frederic Louis Huidekoper (1921)
"Each Regiment will detail one officer as Regimental intelligence officer. ... intelligence officers report to Brigade intelligence officer. ..."
4. Harvard's Military Record in the World War by Frederick S. Mead (1921)
"... Gondrecourt, in November; transferred to Headquarters 2d Division March 1918 and appointed intelligence officer; detailed to Army Intelligence School, ..."