2. Noun. Something that runs between cities, such as a railroad. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Intercity
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intercity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intercity
Literary usage of Intercity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Defense Conversion: Redirecting R&Dby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"... Efficient Transportation: Public Systems HGH-SPEED intercity GROUND TRANSPORTATION High-speed ground transportation (HSGT)—trains that operate at speeds ..."
2. Foreign Exchange: Theory and Practice by Thomas York (1920)
"intercity Loans; Other Types.—Loans negotiated between New York and London have heretofore been considered solely with reference to one particular type, ..."
3. A New and General Biographical Dictionary: Containing an Historical and by William Tooke, William Beloe, Robert Nares (1798)
"... and active concern for the intercity and accommodation of the inferior clergy. ... intercity ..."
4. Amtrak Management: Systemic Problems Require Actions to Improve Efficiency by JayEtta Z. Hecker (2006)
"On the basis of data obtained from the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), intercity passenger rail accounted for a relatively substantial portion (15 ..."