¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Intrapsychic
Medical Definition of Intrapsychic
1. Denoting the psychological dynamics that occur inside the mind without reference to the individual's exchanges with other persons or events. Synonym: intrapersonal. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intrapsychic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intrapsychic
Literary usage of Intrapsychic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mental Adjustments by Frederic Lyman Wells (1917)
"intrapsychic resistance too high for sub-merged ideas to come to ... intrapsychic resistance thereby diminished so that submerged ideas can come up to ..."
2. Outlines of Psychiatry by William Alanson White (1915)
"intrapsychic ataxia might then be called more specifically a ... This intrapsychic disturbance of coordination leads to a defect, the signs of which are ..."
3. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1905)
"The case was a typical example of the loss of the inner unity of the mind, which the author calls intrapsychic inco-ordination or intrapsychic ataxia. ..."
4. Drug Addiction Research & the Health of Women edited by Cora L. Wetherington (1999)
"Personality attributes such as unconventional behavior, intrapsychic ... A history of unconventional behavior and intrapsychic distress in the parent ..."
5. Nervous and Mental Disease Monograph Series (1908)
"Apraxia proper results only from interruption of the psychomotor pathway. Interruption of the intrapsychic pathway constitutes mental alienation. ..."