¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Intrathecally
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intrathecally Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intrathecally
Literary usage of Intrathecally
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Therapeutic Gazette (1916)
"It hence arises that, if serum is to be used at all, then it should first and foremost be injected intrathecally in as large dose as possible, and repeated ..."
2. Collected Papers by the Staff of Saint Mary's Hospital, Mayo Clinic by Saint Marys Hospital (Rochester, Minn.) (1919)
"An ordinary first injection is 3000 units, although by using the concentrated form, the globulins only, as much as 30000 has l>een injected intrathecally. ..."
3. Abstracts of War Surgery: An Abstract of the War Literature of General by United States Surgeon-General's Office, Surgeon-General's Office, United States (1918)
"Permin of Denmark, showed that antitoxin intrathecally prevented tetanus when ... The author reports 20 cases, 16 of which were treated intrathecally with 2 ..."
4. A Handbook of fevers by J. Campbell McClure, . (1914)
"The sera were given subcutaneously, intravenously and intrathecally, ... Serum ought always to be given intrathecally. Lumbar puncture should be made, ..."
5. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association (1915)
"... besides arsenic is inappreciable in the serum as injected intrathecally by Swift- Ellis technique, while arsenic is found in the ventricles after ..."
6. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1915)
"... must be from the blood and lymph rather than from the spinal cord; besides arsenic is inappreciable in the serum as injected intrathecally by Swift- ..."